ESL Primary and Secondary Teachers wanted in Vietnam
Asia Pacific College Dong Nai (APC DN) is a K-12 bilingual school located in the city of Bien Hoa, Vietnam, which is approximately 28 km (45 minutes) northeast of Ho Chi Minh City. We are currently looking for qualified native (L1) English ESL teachers from the United States, Canada, England, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia for the following full-time teaching positions:
1) Kindergarten / Primary Level Teachers
2) Secondary School ESL teachers for beginner/elementary level students
APC DN offers a dual curriculum with students taking the national Vietnamese academic program alongside a tiered English language program based on proficiency level (not grade level). For kindergarten, APC DN endorses a Montessori approach to learning, while at the Primary and Secondary levels students are introduced to different subjects such as general English, science, and mathematics with the emphasis on a student-centered, communicative approach to instruction.
In just 4 years, APC DN has quickly grown to over 330 students (K – 9 classes, Primary – 8 classes, Lower secondary – 5 classes) and will soon be opening a brand new kindergarten school building in late 2014. The primary and high school campus building was built last year and currently holds 14 comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms equipped with computers, Internet, and projectors. There are two swimming pools, tennis courts, mini-basketball courts, a football field outfitted in astro-turf, an indoor performance hall, and a play yard for our little ones in order to best serve the recreational, leisure and fitness needs of our students and staff.
Teacher Remuneration Package:
- 1a. 1600 – 1750 USD NET monthly salary (school will pay all taxes on teacher’s behalf)
- 1b. Salary offered is dependent on qualifications and verifiable classroom teaching experience
- 1c. Annual salary increases (up to 1,000 USD year on year) based on work / teaching performance reviews
- Full-time Contract
- 2a. 11 paid teaching months (July 1 – May 31)
- 2b. Initial contract will have a 2-month probationary period
- Paid holidays
- 3a. 1 week for Christmas
- 3b. 2 weeks for TET Lunar New Year
- 3c. All statutory national holidays
- 3d. Note: summer vacation is non-paid leave (month of June)
- Health Insurance
- 4a. Basic health insurance from Bao Viet Insurance (Classic Plan)
- 4b. Insurance plan increases every 2 years of employment
- 5a. The school does make free communal housing available to teachers if they would like to have it (teachers are responsible for the cost of all utilities, maintenance and repairs);
- 5b. Accommodation and rooms come fully furnished
- 5c. No deposit is required and school will register tenants with local police (required by law)
- Visas, Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card
- 6a. Once the teacher has provided all requisite documentation for the work permit, the school will pay for all visa extensions until the work permit is issued
- 6b. The school will pay the fees for the application and issuance of teacher work permits and renewals
- 6c. Upon issuance of teacher work permit, the school will pay for and process the temporary residence card, which will negate the need for a visa
- 7a. The school will establish a SOCOM bank account for the teacher and deposit the monthly salary into this account by the 5th of every month
- Child tuition discounts
- 8a. Year 1-2: 20% discount
- 8b. Year 3+ : 50% discount
- - Monday – Friday from 6:50 AM – 4:30PM
- - Average instructional time (contact hours) is 20-22 hours per week
- - Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
- - Monthly PD sessions (once per month for 3 hours)
- - Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
Teaching Support & Benefits:
- - Teachers will have the same classes all year long
- - Teacher’s Room with access to communal computers, Wi-Fi, B&W printers, and B&W photocopy machine, small kitchenette, sofas, and tables;
- - Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- - Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
- - Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- - Professional Development once month, which focuses on building teacher efficacy
- - An experienced management team (Vice Principal and Principal) that will move heaven and hearth to make sure you have everything you need to do your job right!
- - First and foremost, you must love to work with children and enjoy teaching ESL.
- - Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach, work in a team, and is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- - Thirdly, you must be ICT literate – know how to use a computer, use the Internet to find teaching resources, use Microsoft Office software, check and respond to email, upload/download resources, etc.
As for the formalities, only applicants who are native (L1) English speakers from the United States, Canada, England, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia between the ages of 22 – 40 will be considered. All applicants must have, at minimum:
- - Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
- - B. Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
- - Previous teaching experience is preferred, however, newly certified teachers are more than welcome to apply.
Advertiser:Asia Pacific College Dong Nai, Hung Dao Vuong Street, Quyet Thang Ward, Bien Hoa, Vietnam 71000
Teach English Overseas
Teach English Overseas
Having a qualification to teach English can be your passport to living almost anywhere in the world, quite literally, if you plan to teach English as a second language. English teachers are in demand all around the world and whilst the pay isn't always high, the experience will be unforgettable. Let your teaching skills take you around the world and see things your friends and neighbours at home will only ever dream about.
Click the button below to read more about a life less ordinary....
Teach English in Vietnam
Vietnam has become a popular destination for EFL teachers. Teachers can enjoy a comfortable standard of living, the culture is fascinating, the people are friendly, and the food is delicious....
Interested in one of these teaching vacancies?
If you are interested in applying for one of these ESL Teacher vacancies, click the 'apply' button to submit your application by email. Along with your cover letter, please send a detailed cv/resume, a color photograph, and reference letters from current, recent or past employers. If you do not have an email program on your pc, the 'apply' button will not work and you should send your letter of application with all the required attachments to: apply (at) apcdongnai (dot) edu.vn - marked for the attention of Human Resources. Be sure to state which job you are applying for!
(Date added: 03/04/2014)